Timeline – 1993 to Current
नारी की सुरक्षा हो, हर पहलु पे रक्षा हो
Sampurna aims to better the situation of women in India by bringing about practical and tangible changes at the grass-root level. Following the bottom-up approach, Sampurna conducts training sessions, research projects and advocacy camps to reveal the causes and encourages a solution-building approach towards issues such as domestic violence, rape and sexual assault, child abuse and sexual harassment. In the year 2017, Sampurna collaborated with the UN- Habitat in co-hosting an urban thinker campus on ‘making Delhi a Women Friendly City’.
- Gender Sensitisation awareness program
- Menstrual Hygiene awareness program
- Nutrition camps
- Self- defence training program from Delhi Police
- Violence against women and children: Causes and Prevention
- Maternity nutrition camps
Important workshops/conference/seminars conducted
- Over 10-12 lakhs women, children and vulnerable groups were approached by organising community- based awareness programmes.
- A National Seminar was organised on ‘Juvenile Justice System in 21st century’ in 2014 at Convention Hall, NDMC.
- In 2015, Sampurna organised a conference on ‘Women security after Nirbhaya’ at the Constitution club.
- In the year 2017, Sampurna collaborated with UN-Habitat in co-hosting an Urban Thinker Campus on ‘making Delhi a Women Friendly City.’ Conference proceedings of the Urban Thinker Campus will be released next year.
- In 2017, Sampurna felicitated all the swachchgrehis who performed outstanding and have done exemplary work in meeting the objectives of the project.
- On 8th March, 2018; Sampurna celebrated the International Women’s Day by organising “A pledge to Women Security.’
- In 2018, Sampurna felicitated the women who cleared civil service exams in Delhi.
- Certificate Course on “Gender Sensitisation’ was organised from 4th June till 22nd June, 2018 in Sampurna which adopted lectures based approach along with self-defence training programme by the Delhi Police.